Position: Aftercare Chaplain, Men's Ministry
SUMMARY OF JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under the direction of the Men’s Ministry Director, the aftercare chaplain assists and disciples men in transition from the recovery program to independent living, including assisting in job and housing searches. As an integral member of the Men’s Ministry team the essential function of the chaplain is to: conduct chapel services, perform devotions, teach Bible classes, conduct support group meetings, counseling clients, supervise and oversee the operations of the transitional housing facility and performing jail/hospital visits.
· Commits to the City Rescue Mission’s (CRM) purpose of meeting the physical, emotional, relational and spiritual needs of hurting people in western Pennsylvania.
· Upholds and promotes CRM’s values of spirituality, grace and compassion.
· Bachelor’s Degree or Certification in Theological or Spiritual Education/Training. Ordained Minister of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
· Minimum of (2) years of pastoral experience, especially in working with individuals who are in crisis.
· Effective computer, written and oral communication skills in addition to good interpersonal skills.
· Excellent conflict management skills.
· The ability to work with a variety of ages and personalities.
· The ability to work flexible hours (roughly 36 hours a week) and to adapt to frequent changes.
· Must be able to multitask and manage multiple demands patiently.
· Must be able to preach and teach the Word of God effectively and winsomely. Must be willing and able to give a Christian witness in all circumstances.
· Able to dress appropriately for office and public speaking.
How to Apply:
Interested and qualified candidates should send questions to email@example.com or 724-652-4321. Please send a resume (with Cover Letter) via mail to: City Rescue Mission, Pastor Chuck Gavroy, PO Box 965, New Castle, PA 16103.