Position: Digital Media and Communications, Development Ministry
The Digital Media and Communications person is responsible for the creation and implementation of multi-channel communication efforts to attract, motivate, and sustain funders and supporters.
The Digital Media and Communications employee reports to the Director of Development.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assists in the creation and distribution of print and electronic content, including social media, emails, print and e-newsletters, solicitation letters and/or materials, print brochures, web content, press releases, etc.
- Interview clients and tell their stories via print, video, and/or photography mediums
- Writes copy and prepares photographs for Mission newsletter three times per year
- Implement email marketing campaigns and research social media trends
- Create and manage posts to City Rescue Mission Facebook page, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Twitter accounts
- Proofs and edits donor cultivation and new donor acquisition mailings and ensures that production timelines are followed by vendors
- All other duties as required
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s Degree required with Digital Media, Marketing, or Communications major preferred
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills (must be able to communicate in a concise, persuasive, and spiritual manner), an analytical spirit, superior project management and relationship-building skills, and an extreme attention to detail
- Intermediate skills in image editing and graphic design using Adobe Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop
- Intermediate video filming and editing (Adobe Premier) experience and skills.
- One year (minimum) of professional communications experience in preparing and supporting multi-channel marketing communications plans including writing brochures, web copy and digital/social media preferred
- Mature Christian testimony exemplifying Jesus Christ and the ability to share the Gospel as opportunities arise. Acceptance of the City Rescue Mission Doctrinal Statement.
How to Apply:
Interested and qualified candidates can apply by sending their resume and cover letter to Jennifer MacCartney at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail (PO BOX 965 New Castle, PA 16103-0965).