Part time position: five days per week, 25-30 hours per week.
Reports to: Director of Development
The Administrative Assistant is the City Rescue Mission's first point of contact to visitors and guests, including donors, dignitaries and the general public.The Administrative Assistant’s primary role will be to answer incoming phone calls and ascertain the exact nature of the call in order to effectively route them to the appropriate ministry. Daily duties will include administrative and clerical tasks as well as supporting the Development Ministry and Business Office.
Duties of Position:
- Exercise proper telephone etiquette with respect and integrity.
- Engage in communication to inquiries, which may include compassionate ministry to callers.
- Assist the Development staff by sorting gift receipts, checking gift receipts, and data entry of gift information into donor database (during busy season).
- Sort mail by various addressee, placing mail in the mail boxes, including preparing the Executive Director’s mail.
- Print and mail various small mailings (monthly partner mailings, flyers, etc.)
- Check newspaper obituaries daily for donors and/or relatives of donors in order to update donor records, send sympathy cards and notify Executive Director if he needs to make a call at the funeral home.
- Promptly respond to requests for information and assistance by the Development Team, Executive Director, CEO, and Business Manager.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Two years of professional office experience.
- Associates Degree or specialized training in office operations.
- Intermediate knowledge and use of Microsoft Word, Excel and Publisher preferred. Must posess the ability to learn other software applications such as DonorPerfect.
- Ability to learn or possess basic understanding of office equipment set up and maintenance especially HP Printer Management.
- Self-motivated with strong track record of attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with ability to handle multiple priorities and tight deadlines in a calm and professional manner.
- Exemplify Jesus Christ daily and be prepared to share the Gospel as opportunities arise.
As all staff are considered Evangelical Christian missionaries, a Christian testimony exemplifying Jesus Christ and the ability to share the Gospel as opportunities arise is required. Acceptance of the City Rescue Mission Doctrinal Statement of which the foundation is that the essence of the Gospel consists of the doctrine of salvation by grace through faith in Jesus Christ's atonement and not by works. A written statement of Christian Testimony that describes how, when, and why the applicant came to faith in Jesus is required to be considered for employment.
How to Apply:
Send cover letter, resume, and a statement of Christian Testimony to:
or by mail to:
Director of Development
City Rescue Mission
PO Box 965
New Castle, PA 16103-0965