We are looking for individuals for the following positions:
- *Office Helpers needed to help sort and process mail. Mornings or afternoon shifts available.
- * Centershot Youth Archery Helper needed to help with sign-in andsnacks or Bible study. Background screening required.
- *Church Ambassadors to help educate, inform, and connect your church to the work at the City Rescue Mission.
- Mail Ambassadors to receive our mailings and let us know via email the date that the letter was received.
- Donor Ambassadors to make appreciation telephone calls to donors. No soliciting...just thanking! This is a great opportunitiy for friendly people who enjoy talking on the phone.
- *Men of Faith to serve at the Front Desk of the Men's Ministry or serve as Life Skills Teacher.
- Meal servers - Meal service opportuntities are available Monday through Saturday for the lunch meal and on Sundays for the dinner meal. If you aren't available on those days/times, then please consider a different volunteer opportunity that better fits your schedule.
- Organizers for Drives of Needed Items. View our needed items list here.
- Thanksgiving Basket Applications: Helpers needed to assist with taking applications. Applications will be taken October 31: 9 am to 11 am, 1 pm to 3 pm, and November 1: 9 am to 11 am, 1 pm to 3 pm, and 4 pm to 6 pm)
- Thaksgiving Basket Sorting/Packing/Distribution: Sorting and packing will be November 16 through 19 (various times) and November 20th will be distribution will be on Tuesday, November 20 , 8 am to noon.
- Thanksgiving Day Meal Servers needed to help serve our traditional Thanksgiving meal at 12 pm. These opportunities are limited and they fill fast. (Thursday, November 22, 2018)
- Fall Food Share Helpers are needed to greet shoppers at our local Giant Eagle stores and share a list of needed items.
(October 20 & 27 (10 am 2 pm) and October 21 & 28 (11 am to 3 pm))
- Christmas Applications: Helpers are needed to help take applications for Christmas at Family Care (December 4: 9 am to 11 am, 1 pm to 3 pm and December 5: 9 am to 11 am, 1 pm to 3 pm and 4 pm to 6 pm)
- Christmas Distribution: Helpers are need to set up/take down toy displays and help parents choose appropriate gifts for their child(ren). (Set up December 6-7, December 10-11, and clean up is December 13, parent shopping is December 12)
- *Position requires Christian Testimony and personal interview
If you are interested in learning more about any of the above positions, please complete the Inquiry Form below and a member of our Volunteer Relations Team will be in touch with you via email or phone. Thank you!